Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Iron Cupcake - March 2010

Read the amazing Caked Crusader's review of Monday's Iron Cupcake London challenge. The challenge was "The Perfect Pair" so only two flavours were supposed to be used in one cupcake, some people obviously bent these rules but who cares as long as there are plenty of tasty cupcakes to eat!

I had two entries.

 

My first entry was Mint Chocolate, a dark chocolate cake topped with a layer of mint chocolate ganache, amazing mint green peppermint frosting, and an After Eight mint! I was really impressed with the look of this cake and pretty confident about it really.

My second entry was Strawberry Vanilla, a safer option, vanilla bean sponge topped with vanilla and strawberry swirl frosting and a whole strawberry. I was really unhappy with these cupcakes when I made them, the consistancy of the frosting didn't work well for me but they still turned out to be quite pretty.

All in all I had a really fun night, its so much fun just to be in a room with so many people who share the same obsession and the quality of the entries was so outstanding that I was unbelievably shocked to have come SECOND PLACE!!

I won a lovely cake stand and of course the all important IC shopper!!
Next month's challenge is "fruit" so I am already mentally planning what to make!



No comments:

Post a Comment