Monday, July 5, 2010

Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes.


I realise I haven't posted here in a long while so here is a bit of a round of up of the last few months.

I have spent a lot of time baking recently. I think I have the vanilla cupcake down to a fine art but I feel like I have a long way to go! So there will be continuous batches of cupcakes lurking around my house and office for the foreseeable future.

I have also tried lots of cupcakes etc recently so here we go!


CC's Queens Park - 19 Lonsdale Road, Queens Park
I read about this place on another blog, the blogger had travelled a long way to try out this bakery and I was a little ashamed that I'd passed it by hidden away just off of Salusbury Road in Queens Park on a regular basis never knowing it was there. With a giant cupcake sign outside I had high expectations as I stumbled down Lonsdale Road on a rainy Sunday afternoon. CC's is a lovely open planned cafe with a really homely feel about it. It only sells two flavours of cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla, of which I bought both. I really liked the vanilla it was moist candy coloured however I wasn't as pleased with my chocolate which was crumbly and tasted oddly of honey. Really nice place to spend a rainy afternoon though.

A few Saturday's ago I ventured to lovely South West London to check out Partridges food market mostly due to this post by I Heart Cupcakes in which she basically raves about the stalls there.
The

In particular she talks about Yummy Boutique and their amazing Whoopie Pies.  Because I'm still somewhat a whoopie skeptic I wanted to go and try them. I had a regular chocolate pie with marshmallow filling which was delicious, light and fluffy filling and really cakey pie. I really should never have eaten those Marks and Spencer monstrosities. Since then my love for all things whoopie has been reaffirmed by the pumpkin whoopies at The Hummingbird Bakery.

Whoopie Pies were not the only delight at Partridges I also discovered Peggy's Cupcakes who's beautiful cupcakes in wonderfully imaginative flavours sucked me in, even if I did promise my bank balance and my weighing scales I wouldn't. I had a raspberry cupcake which was soft and tangy with wonderful meringue  icing with a hint of rosewater all topped with a raspberry. I wish I had taken pictures but stupidly forgot my camera.

I'll definitely be heading back to Partridges at the end of the summer. For now though I'm heading to American for the summer, hopefully to spend it teaching my 7 year-old cousin to bake. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment