Tuesday, March 6, 2012

British Pie Week

Hello lovely people, this week is British Pie Week which coincides with me attempting to be a good little blogger and start writing in this wonderful little white box more often.

I have had a recipe for a chocolate pie in my head every since I read 'The Help' last October and even more so after seeing the film (no jokes about poo please!). The entire book/film makes you crave Southern food, I want some good fried chicken and caramel cake too!Anyway, back to my pie, I came across this recipe by Lee Ann Fleming and decided to try it for a friends birthday this weekend.

Its probably one of the easiest pies I've ever made and really cheap to put together if you want something quick and simple and don't have much time. There's no ridiculous chilling times over night and its turns out really well. Although I have to say, allowing the pie a night in the fridge does give the filling a chase to smooth out into a lovely rich custard.



I think the perfect topping for a pie like this isn't just boring old whipped cream but a fantastic Mascarpone Frosting like this one by Martha Stewart, maybe laced with some fresh raspberries?

Enjoy your pies this week! I think I'm going to try and head to The Lily Vanilli Bakery on Sunday and see what she has to offer to celebrate this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment